
Yep- you heard me right! It's something I have always wanted to do for some reason, and I found out the other day there will be one here in Utah Valley on June 13th. It is perfect timing, so I am going to go for it! I'm not pregnant, not trying to get pregnant, not nursing, don't have a baby, and I have already been running 3 times a week for quite a while now, so I feel like I am ready, and it's my density! (Back to the Future, anyone?) I am turning 30 in a few months, and I think this would be a great way to celebrate! I know it might seem like a crazy thing to want to do, but I love a goal, even a very challenging one. Only 1% of the population can say they have done it, and I am excited to join the ranks. (However, the training website I have been using says to stay away from pizza...what is that about?? There is no way I can stay away from pizza for 3 months, so forget that! I will just have to pay the consequences for that one, whatever those might be.) I have begun a training schedule that is actually pretty reasonable, except for the "long runs" that I will be doing every Saturday for the next 10 weeks. Those might get challenging, the longest is a few weeks before the main event, and it is 20 miles long. Yikes! I have a feeling I am about to find out what I am truly made of. Feel free to leave only encouraging comments...I need all the support I can get! And if anyone out there has any advice, tips, or experience to share with me, I would love to hear it!
10 comments:
First, you look amazing, so I can totally see you rocking a marathon, second good luck and congrats...last year 6 in my fam ran the St. George and tried to talk me into it, for those 1% crazies out there I say good for you, but not something I ever want to experience :)
I'm with Nachelle...good for you. I also will not be in that 1%. What is it about running people?? Have you ever seen someone running that long with a huge smile on their fave like they're having the best time ever?? I go about 45 minutes on the elliptical and I am more than happy to be done with it!! Mark did enjoy the half he ran but I'm not sure he'll do a marathon, he might...not right now though, that's for sure!
Good luck to you though, you'll do awesome! I want to see pictures of Drew and Allie cheering you on!!
Oh, so I think we'll be out there sometime around the 23-30 of June...so be home! I'll let you know when we book our flight.
Go you! You'll be great
I always said I would never run a marathon - no interest - but I think now I want to run one marathon one time. The New York City marathon after I have my last kid whenever that is. It would be a good way to get back into shape right?
I trained for one in college, and had trained up to 12 miles on my long runs. Then I got sick (mono) and dropped out. But I do understand the "doing something big" before you turn 30. Todd and I did a triathlon last year so we could prove to ourselves that we still had it even though we were burying our 20's. And guess what? I still feel old.
Good luck!
I don't ever need to be part of that 1%. But I am running a 5k in May. That's the best I can do. Good for you! You'll be great!
Besides, that's my birthday, and the LAST thing I want to do on my 30th birthday!
wow, i don't want to do it, but you go girl!! i have much admiration for marathon-runners!
and i'm so glad i'm having pizza for dinner-- since just reading about someone telling you not to eat it made me want it. good luck!
AWESOME!! I am shooting for a 5K...maybe a 10K this summer if I can get my butt in gear by then.
But you can totally do it. :)
a marathon will be nothing for you! I remember going to the gym with you when we were in school, and even if it had been months since we had run, you would get on the track and bust out 7 miles like it was nothing (I have always been so jealous of you for that)! I vote you train for an Iron (wo)Man next!
So have you ever see pics of or heard stories of people who get runners diarrhea and poop themselves during the course of a marathon? I wonder what percentage of marathoners that happens to? Hopefully you won't join their ranks! Maybe you can join the "lose all your toenails post marathon" ranks instead!
Seriously though, congrats. You are a superwoman in so many senses of the word!
youre awesome!! I totally want to do one too - I think I will when I'm done nursing (I'm with you on the "not pregnant, not nursing" window idea! You can do it!!!! Get some good music on your ipod - that's what got Jon through his first marathon (now he does one a year!)
Post a Comment