Friday, July 10, 2009

Economic Survival Tip #1: You Gotta Be Shameless!

Whoever said there was no such thing as a free lunch? Whever it was, they were wrong! Today is "Cow Appreciation Day" at Chick-Fil-A (which is, in my opinion, the best fast-food place on earth) and if you show up dressed as a cow, you get a free combo meal, just like that!! Usually I am way too cool for stuff like that, and my pride means more to me that some stupid free crap, but for Chick-Fil-A? I'd do just about anything for that succulent chicken. Here's proof:

The 100 yard walk-of-shame from the parking lot into the mall felt like a mile as I perceived the snickering, and judgemental stares from the uninformed...nonetheless, I forced myself to ignore it and just enjoy our 5 minutes of silly family cow-dom. And the good news was, we weren't the only ones making complete fools of ourselves for some free "chikin." As soon as we could set down our food and tear off the cow get-up, it was just glorious. Not sure how they can get away with giving away $20 worth of free food to every little cheapskate family that comes along, but, I don't really care! I'm not asking questions. It was totally worth the embarrassment. Thanks, Chick-Fil-A!!

11 comments:

CJ said...

What I want to know is why didn't Marsh have any udders to go with his "manly" coveralls? Way to go, and next time invite!

Nachelle said...

Seriously, I love this...if only we would have known :) And free food from there...totally worth it!

Sarah said...

That is awesome! If I would have known I totally would have done it!! :) And it totally cracks me up that you guys ripped the getup off immediatley after getting the food. lol.

Michelle said...

I love you. This makes me smile.

Jared said...

lol.Thatisawesome.Brycebrokemyspacebutton.

Melanie said...

Awesome, completely awesome. I bet the kids loved it!! Maybe not as much as you did, but still. I don't think I could do it, I would have paid for my meal. Chik fil a is that good? I always thought it was some trash fast food place, like White Castle or something. I think I've eaten there once maybe...? so funny!

April Leydsman Mason said...

I love it. You are a brave brave soul but your family looked super cute. No one will complain about getting free food right?

Katie Smith said...

Okay, that is the coolest! I've heard from a number of people now that Chick-fil-a has yummy food. It must be good to drive you to do such a thing...just kidding! I seriously think this is awesome. Guess we'll have to go try the food sometime.

P.S. I miss your face! I never see you any more. To answer your question, the swimming thing is actually not bad. I do do it by myself (my husband took that pic. after we got home one day). I have two immobile children so they are easy to take care of at the pool. We have also set up some rules that Jack is surprisingly well at obeying. Next summer is going to be the killer for me...two 1 year old's! Yikes.`

rxmilner said...

I am laughing out loud. This reminds me of a stunt we would have pulled back in the day. And yes, Chic-fil-a is THAT good.

jrnelson said...

Krista, I love reading your blog! You have the same silly humor I remember :) you should check out my blog, it's jrnelsonfamily.blogspot.com I haven't updated it since the beginning of summer but once my kids are in school I plan to catch up!

mid said...

https://www.cekaja.com/kartu-kredit/news/178471-wajib-punya-6-kartu-kredit-terbaik-ini-beri-segudang-keuntungan.html