Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Back to School 2012 (and a few glimpses of summer)


 Drew started 2nd grade this year and he loves it. He has a male teacher this year, which he thinks is super awesome. He has lots of friends and is the sweetest, kindest, smartest kid I know. (Not that I am at all biased...! :) 


 He is so affectionate to me and can melt my heart with the way he looks at me so lovingly sometimes. He will say things to me like "I love everything you make for dinner, mom" and stuff like that. lol Oh, this boy is good...


 He is still enamored with his baby sister, and I think the feeling is mutual. (Although she is almost 2 1/2 now, so not really a baby at all anymore- how did that happen so fast?) I feel like I have been blessed with some really great kids. They have their moments of conflict, but most of the time the kids all get along great together and really look out for and take care of each other. I'm not sure how I got so lucky in that department!


 Rachel was not about to be left out of the back to school photos, and of course, Drew didn't mind!


 (Am I ever going to get a picture of her without boogers or crud all over her face? Oh well, She's still adorable to me!)



 Last spring we worked hard putting up a fence in the backyard (I was thinking that way I could keep Rachel contained this summer and not have to worry about her running off) and we bought the kids a trampoline, (which has been a semi-hit) but they still prefer to play either in the front yard or mostly, inside...figures!



 Allie started kindergarten! She loves it so much and can't wait to go every day. She is a smart and curious, sweet little girl. And she is a great helper to me. She is a great little buddy and I love spending time with her. She is so spunky and comes up with the funniest things. Since she is in afternoon kindergarten and Rachel takes a long nap in the afternoon, it has left me with a few hours of quiet time to myself, which has been nice.



 I feel really blessed that I have the opportunity to be a stay at home mom. I really do see it as a huge blessing every day.  I know that what I am doing right now is the most important work I will do in this life, and I am trying so hard to give it my all! Being a mom is awesome!



 Again, Rachel is not to be left out of anything. I can't believe how fast she is growing. She talks quite well and it is nice being able to communicate easily with her. She is super affectionate and loving, and is actually pretty manageable for a two year old. She's not a big tantrum thrower. She has the most beautiful strawberry blond hair and big blue eyes. Her favorite thing to say to me is "What are you doing?" (even when it is obvious) and "Mommy hold you!" (when she wants me to pick her up- I refuse to correct this one, because it is way too cute.) These two girls are so precious to me! My kids are the joy of my life and I can't believe how much I love them.



Here's to a great 2012-2013 school year! So far it is going great!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I can't believe how big the are!! They are beautiful kids!! Allie is a total mini Krista!! Miss you guys!

Michelle said...

A. Can't believe how much Drew looks like Marshall the more he grows. I know he still has his own unique look, but he looks more and more like Marshall every year!
B. I totally see you as June Cleaver. Cookies and milk...AWESOME!
C. Yes, when did your kids get so big!? Have I ever even met Rachel?
D. Ditto to Melanie, Allie is a cute little you. She's beautiful and I love that she's your buddy. I want my girl to love to be with me.
E. Those blue eyes are Rachel melt my heart.
F. Your back yard looks great! My kids love to play in the front, too. I think they understand being gated in. But your yard looks big, and I bet they will totally dig it as they get older...

So grateful for an update, but it makes me miss you terribly! Let us know when you're in town next. We'd love to see you, if even for just a quick hug!