Saturday, October 10, 2009

For Sale

We recently found out that we are going to be moving to Cedar City. It is where I was born, and all of my family currently live in Southern Utah. Marshall was offered a great job at an accounting firm down there, and then after that, things just kind of happened quickly and started falling into place; we feel at peace with it, but nonetheless moving is a super stressful time. Especially for someone as high-strung as I am! I am trying really hard to sit back and relax and enjoy the ride. This isn't a great time to be selling a house, and that does worry me. We know the right family will come along in due time, and I am trying to be patient. I am so excited to be so close to my family, and it means the world to me that Marshall is laid back enough to take such a big chance on a smaller town. He grew up here in Orem, and most of his family live around here, so it is no small thing for him to be doing this. It is the most selfless thing he has done for me to date. He is amazing, and I am so grateful he loves me enough to do anything to make me happy. I promised him that we would buy BYU football season tickets for the rest of our lives- (he couldn't say no to that!) That will get us up to visit lots.

While it is hard to say goodbye to all our neighbors and friends, we are excited to start this new chapter in our lives. Cedar isn't the same town I grew up in; the growth that has happened there over the past 10 years or so is what has made this move possible for us. We are excited for the change (some of us more than others) and feel grateful that things have fallen into place as nicely as they have. I will try to keep this blog updated as things continue to progress.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, my lanta. I can't believe it. I can believe it, but really? This soon!? I've been thinking about you this whole week, and now I know why....I'm excited for you and bummed for me.

Jared said...

I am so happy for you. This is awesome. I look foward to this. So now when I come to Cedar I will have to come visit. Awesome. Thanks Marshall. Just be patient with selling your house. It took us four months and we sold ours in Denver.

Mindi said...

Wow. Congratulations Marshall! .. and whoo-hoo for Krista. Glad you are recognizing that feeling that it is the right move for you... everything will fall into place. It's a darling house... if we lived closer, and if it wasn't in Orem, we'd buy it! No offense to Orem... I don't know anything about the place, which is part of my hesitation. :)

Can't wait to keep up with the "settling in" of the family. Everything will be fine. Just keep remembering that "feeling". xo.

rxmilner said...

You should take back all your new furniture to RC Willey, then rebuy it and have them deliver it to your new gig down south!

Bringhursts said...

Nice! That'll be fun to be by your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! I will miss you -- or the idea of you being close. :) Cedar isn't too far away -- thank heavens for the internet!!

I'll cross my fingers that your house sells quickly (and that ours will also sell when we put it on the market next year.)

Excited for you!!

Melissa said...

WHOA!!! I am so happy for you. I know this is what you want! Can we get together before you go? We have been lame at doing that...let me know if there is a time good for you.