Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Wonderful Orem Friends

Some of our dear friends stopped by to say goodbye and wish us good luck on our new Southern Utah adventure. We feel bad we did not have a camera handy to take pics of everyone that came over, but you know who you are, and that we love and miss you. Here are just a few special neighbors and friends:

Amber! Oh how I will miss this young lady. She is an adult trapped in a 12 year-old's body! I know it's silly, but she became one of my best friends in the neighborhood. I always loved it when she would come and visit. She is an amazingly capable babysitter and the kids love her. She is also insanely smart and observant, and has more common sense than most adults I know. I know she will be impossible to replace, but I am so grateful that I got to know her for those 3 years! She comes from an awesome family, and has so much potential. I can't wait to see what she will become. Watch out, world. I hope my daughter can be like her someday. I will miss her so much.

My sweet Caleb. I had the immense privelege of being his part-time nurse, and he also comes from an incredible family. He came into my life at just the right time, and I learned so, so much about life from him and his sweet mother. April is the most Christ-like, sweet and thoughtful person I think I have ever met. She is such a good example to all those around her at what you can gain from the trials that you are given, if you accept them with your whole heart. I will never, ever forget this sweet family as long as I live, and I will keep them and what I have learned about love from them in my heart forever.




The Nelsons. They were our next door neighbors and second parents to our son Drew. Their little boy Ethan and Drew were attached at the hip for much of our Orem years. We feel so grateful for their friendship, and for their acceptance and care of Drew. They were always so quick to include him and take him places with them, and treated him just like their own child. Ethan was such a perfect playmate for Drew, and they could play the entire day and get along effortlessly. These guys were so hard to leave behind, especially because of the special bond that is shared by our two boys. We had to promise them both some overnight visits and weekend trips to console them that this wouldn't be the end of the dynamic duo. It was heartbreaking to see the sad look on Ethan's little face as we drove away, as the reality sunk in that this was really happening. We love the Nelson's so much and hope we can always stay in touch.




There are loads of other wonderful people that we will miss terribly, so don't feel bad if we didn't have a picture. Our Orem days were some good times, and we met so many wonderful people. We were given some great opportunities to learn and grow, and know we have become better because of our time spent there. We will miss you all!

1 comment:

April said...

Oh you made me cry. You have such an angelic spirit.... we miss you! Keep us posted on your adventures down South!