Cousin Hannah and Rachie.
Good old pin the tail on the donkey. Such a random game.
Cousin Ella and Bubba. Working on those yum-yum yummy cupcakes.
Of course, Nana. She always makes everything so much fun. I appreciated her help with the party so much. She is always there for me.
When you ask your kid what kind of cake they want for their birthday, be prepared for their answer. Phineas and Ferb, anyone? I was actually pretty proud of this drawing. He was delicious.
The kids each decorated a cupcake with candy and different frostings. We ended up with some disgusting, er- I mean "amazing" creations!
It's hard to believe my baby is 6 already. He is growing up to be such a great kid. He loves kindergarten, and is super smart. He has picked up reading quite easily, and he is good at writing, and spells the words he doesn't know phonetically. He is amazingly creative, and is always drawing, drawing, drawing. I have piles and piles of his artistic creations around the house. He likes to draw and cut out and make sculptures out of paper. Some of them are quite advanced! I wonder if it is just a kid thing, or if he will always be so artistically inclined. He is good at making friends and loves to ride his bike to peoples' houses. We finally got him a new bike for his birthday, and he is still trying to get used to it. He rode that teeny little red one for the past 3 years and he has gotten too big for it. The new one seems huge on him, but hopefully with some more practice he will get the hang of it. I had a good laugh watching him ride it down the street and drive over to the curb in order to get off it. Then he fell over. I tried not to laugh then, but I did maybe a little. He was fine, got right back on and kept going. Which surprised me because let's just say that Bubba isn't exactly the toughest kid in the world- he can be very sensitive. In the long run, though, I think that is a good thing. He is a sweet kid, and a great brother to his sisters. Although he wouldn't admit it, he and Allie are good friends and have lots of fun making up games and playing together. We love you, Bub! We are so happy you are a part of our family.
3 comments:
I can't believe he is 6 already!!!
Looks like a great birthday party!
6? SIX! Seriously! Where has the time gone. Looks like a fun time!
Love the cake!
Found you via Spencer and Kristen's blog. Your family is very cute!
Just thought you should know, there is a brief article about Marshal on the last page in the BYU Magazine. If you don't receive that magazine let me know and I will get you a copy.
--Emily
peandkids.henderson@gmail.com
Post a Comment