Saturday, April 28, 2007

What a waste of a Saturday!

So this is how my day went today: wake up (bright and early, 6 am thanks to Marshall setting his alarm, with NO intentions of actually getting up... nice that he can fall right back to sleep, but no, not me! When I am up, I am UP!) Drew came into our room to watch some cartoons for a bit until I could muster up the energy to get out of bed and get him some cereal. Then Marshall took off to some Stake Service Project the youth were doing this am (he is the YM pres. in our ward, and if it's not one thing, it's another!) Wanting it to be a productive day, I decided to mop the floor. It is so pathetic, it took all the energy I had for the day! I am sick of feeling like a 90 yr old lady. If this is what it feels like to get old, I hope someone euthanizes me before I'm 65! (Less than 3 weeks to go. I can make it!!) Anyways, then we went out to enjoy the morning before it got too hot out, I watered my flowerbed, and sat and read for a bit, and Drew played in the yard. Then, before too long, it got too hot out front, so we went to enjoy the shade in the back. After a while, Drew got bored, so we came in the house. Then my friend next door invited us over to play with her little boy in her backyard for a little bit, and we visited for a while. Then we went home and I reheated some days old mac n cheese he has been begging me for (lol ok, whatever floats your boat, Bubba!) And then he went down for his nap. By this time, Marshall got home from his service project, I hopped in the shower, and ran to get my hair trimmed (which she butchered, by the way. I hate my life..) and by the time I got back, Drew was awake asking for food again. He asks me for food, takes 1, 2 or no bites of it, then asks for "water and juice in a cup." I think it is so funny that I thought I was being sneaky by diluting his juice with water, but apparently he isn't fooled. Then Marshall spent the rest of the day studying for his final CPA exam, and I took Drew downstairs to play. I fell asleep in the chair while he played with his trains. Then I woke up before too long, and decided to make some cookies (Marshall uses them to bribe his priests to do stuff, I don't mind the baking assignments, cause, hey- it's cookies!) Then Marshall needed a study break, and I asked him to put together our new changing table, he pulled it out of the box and said he didn't have enough time to finish it, but then we stayed in the baby's room for like 1/2 hour playing with Drew, in which time we could have put together the dumb thing...typical Marshall dilly-dallying. He is the King of wasting time! It drives me nuts. Oh well. So then Marshall said he needed a power nap so he could continue studying, (ok whatever!) and I made dinner (mmm navajo tacos...) we ate, cleaned up, and now he has resumed studying and Drew and I are downstairs watching Shrek 2. So that is how I spent my beautiful Saturday. I really can't fathom that anyone would want to waste their time reading this pathetic blog, and I will be surprised if you made it this far... the only thing I think can possibly be gained from it is that you will surely feel better about the way you spent your day off.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I love your blogs Krista! I read them all!! I will tell you all about my Saturday when I get back to NYC!! Hope your Sunday was a little better.

Melissa said...

Krista - a UT blogging buddy! It was nice on Saturday. Do you think I can come take you to lunch before your little girl is due?