Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cupcakes and Dreams...

This past weekend we celebrated three birthdays in my family- my moms, and my nieces Hannah (4) and Ella (2). I put myself in charge of the cakes, so I would have an excuse to make the most dreamy looking cupcakes ever. (Emphasis on "looking," because they were definitely better to look at than to eat. They were cherry chip (no chocolate, no deal...)but the kids liked them. And a candied cherry on top? What could be cuter?? It's like the kind you see in magazines and cartoons but never in real life. Sweet.
Adding the finishing touches... (and yes, it's yet another picture of me with no makeup on- don't judge.)

The cutest cupcake of all? My little Allie-cake. Nana's nickname for her has always been Cupcake, (not sure why, but it totally fits though. Maybe it's cause she's little and pink and cute?) so naturally Nana was in charge of making Allie's Halloween costume. It turned out so darling- complete with candy sprinkles on top. Yummiest cupcake I ever saw!

No comments: