
It really was a great day. I started off a little bummed because this was going to be my first birthday ever without any of my siblings/parents- but it ended up being such a great day! It started out with Krispy Kreme donuts and a soda in bed (what a fatty, I know, but who cares- I hardly ever eat them and they taste even better while you are dropping big old glazy crumbs in your sheets (a snack for later, I suppose?) Then went to the gym (ha! like 45 minutes on the elliptical is even going to take a dent out of the donut calories- good thing I do it cause it feels good to sweat, otherwise I might have been wasting my time!) Can I also just say that I think my b-day present from God was the most perfect weather EVER? And that is saying a lot considering the terrible spring/summer we have had so far. I swear we have had only a handful of sunny days this year, the rest have been cold and windy. Monday, June 9th was an exception. Crystal blue sky, no clouds, and barely a breeze. Perfect. Then it was lunch- a big old greasy cheeseburger from the knockoff In-N-Out (called EZ Take-Out Burger.) Add to that a big old heap of fries and a chocolate shake, a huge DDP and a picnic blanket in the park and me and my babies (all 3!) were in hog heaven. (Pun intended.) (Can you tell I am way into food? Don't worry, it gets even better (or worse, depending on your point-of-view.) I then spent the afternoon (while the kids napped) out in my backyard in the shade reading my book for two hours and trying to remember the last time I had taken the time to sit down and put me feet up and pamper myself mid-day with a book and a drink. Heaven. I even painted my toenails!Then, before lunch was even digested, we were off to the Brick Oven for some yummy deep-dish cheese pizza! I hadn't been there in years; it is so yum. M and I were laughing as our kids made a tornado of the entire table/floor/booth, remembering why we hardly ever go out to eat as a family anymore. But it was great. We let it slip that it was my b-day, so of course they embarrassed me with a corny song, but then left us with some yummy chocolate mousse pie that we all devoured in 5 seconds. On the way home, M stopped off at the Cold Stone to pick me up a yummy chocolate ice cream cake that he had ordered, (ha! like anyone had any room left after our day of gorging...but as soon as we did, you know we had a piece!) then we went home and got the kids ready for bed. I figured I wasn't going to get a present since we had spent nearly the entire day together having fun, and I was totally happy with that. But then Marshall and Drew pulled a big box (wrapped in Christmas paper- guys are so funny) out of the crawl space, and I opened up and...TA-DA! My TiVo I had been begging for for like 4 years. I was so thrilled. Thanks, babe, for a wonderful birthday- even though I think I gained about 10 pounds -it was awesome! Getting older does kinda suck, but now that I am a year shy of 30 I think I will just stay this age from now on. I think this is a good stopping place- Don't you?


11 comments:
Oh, Krista. Happy friggen birthday! And I'm glad I didn't ruin it by tagging along with my crabby baby. I love those pictures of the four of you. It looks like one happy family. I love that food is the center of your favorite day, if Aaron is smart, it will be the center of mine! Love that you got a cold stone chocolate cake. I have a coupon sitting by the back door with a big sign that says, "Get this for Michelle's birthday" with a list of flavors (in preference order, of course) that he can pick from. I'm spelling it out this year!
I'm sorry for being such a bum friend for the past few weeks, and months...but Gavin has been sleeping well during the day (nights another story) for the past two days, so I hope we are getting somewhere with a schedule, and then I can be a little more flexible.
And, yes. You will eternally be 29.
Ok, so I probably should have admitted, I did the exact same thing! (I know I have to spell it out as well. Otherwise, they just don't get it...!) I ripped out that Cold Stone ad from the paper and crossed out "Father's Day" and wrote in "Krista's Birthday...LOL that we both did the same thing. It worked ike a charm. Sometimes you have to lay on the hints pretty darn thick! I'm not to proud to beg; it's better than being disappointed! (For the record, the cake was really only maybe a 5 or 6 on the 10 point scale. Are you sure you wouldn't rather have a Krista Chamberlain homemade job? It'd be SO much tastier, and I would love nothing more. Let me know. I'm on standby.
Happy Birthday!! It sounds like you had the perfect day...I read Jeremy the part about Krispy Kreme doughnuts in bed...(yum!)
Forever 29 huh? I actually like being 30 -- though I'm not sure how I'll feel about 40! Oh well, I have some time to stew over it!
You are awesome! Love ya!
Hey krista, I am sorry that we missed your birthday! we have been so crazy busy out here and i forgot my birthday calendar!
let me make it up to you when we get home! i want to take YOU out to lunch!
thank you so much for the card and money! you are so thoughtful, and so sweet!
i am glad that you had a great birthday!
love tons
- kristen
Oh happy birthday! I am so glad you got to be a pendy for your 29th and that you got to paint your toenails. Both of those things are rare once you have kiddles. Hooray for the first of many 29th birthdays!
Happy Birthday, Dial! I can't believe we are 29. I'm glad your birthday also revolves around food. Sounds like a birthday here at the Bringhursts!
Happy Birthday Krista. By the way you look SO GOOD!
Sorry, it is belated, but Happy Birthday!! I know you'll forgive me considering what I had just done! :o) It was the perfect birthday for everyone!
YAY FOR TIVO!!!!!! Think Melissa and I berating M when we were there in March broke him down? Oh you are going to love it!!
I promise I will call you soon - maybe later this afternoon, if not tomorrow morning before M's Mom gets here!!
Happy Birthday again, glad it was fantastic!
Happy Birthday! A TIVO!!! HOORAY!!!!!
Sounds like a fabulous day. You deserve it. So fun. Lets get together for some piggin out soon (at least you go to the gym...I haven't done 45 mins on an elliptical since college!)
happy birthday!
Happy Birthday! I didn't even know it was your birthday, what a bad friend I am! It sounds like my idea of a heavenly day, that's for sure! And TiVo, wow! I am definitely jealous. :)
Hmmm, just getting around to checking your blog.. and finding out it was your 29th birthday! Happy belated birthday! Sounds like a fun-filled day.. of heaven in your tummy. It's only once a year.. and you do look amazing! Glad your "babes" (all three) know how to take care of their "mama".
Post a Comment