I am in heaven. I don't know how it happened, how it is possible, or, more importantly, if it will last...let me explain. When we had our first baby, there were many many things we had to adjust to- the responsibility of having a child totally depend on you, for one thing. Trying to make time for each other like we used to was another. Then there was the breastfeeding thing..don't even get me started on THAT adjustment. (What a nightmare that was at first!) The other big adjustment was the sleep deprivation. It was hard at first, but then after a while, the fog started to lift a little and we eventually got used to it. Ok, so here is the miracle part: I have a prodigy sleeper! I don't know how she does it, but she does! Somehow my 4 week old baby has been sleeping through the night for the last 2 weeks. She goes to bed at around 10:30 and usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7:00 a.m. UNREAL! I still can't believe it. I just remember the anxiety and dread I would feel every time my weary head would hit the pillow when Drew was a newborn- I just knew as soon as I nodded off to sleep, he would wake up crying and I was in for another long night of nursing and burping and rocking and diapering. Not the case this time around. This is unheard of, as far as I know. Granted, she has her evening fussy time for a few hours, during which she usually insists on being held constantly, making dinner prep and evening activities a little more tricky- but it's well worth it come 10:30 when I place my sleeping angel in her crib, not to he heard from till morning light. What a dream! I still can't believe it. Time will only tell if she will turn the tables and become a "normal" newborn, waking me up at all hours of the night. Until then, however, I am going to enjoy this "Get Out of Jail Free" card for all it's worth. Which, as any sleep-deprived mother can tell you, is a LOT!!
2 comments:
Sounds awesome for you!! I hope it lasts. Should we be expecting a book of recipes that are easily made with one hand only? :o)
Um, WOW. Wowie. Wowza. Wow-o-rama.
Sleeeeeep baby sleep!
Post a Comment