Saturday, June 2, 2007

...And Baby Makes Four!


Needless to say, I have my hands full...but my heart is even fuller! Little Allie has been such a great baby. I don't know if it's just previous experience, or having more help, or baby's temperament, or maybe just a combination of all three; but this time around seems so much easier. That's not to say that I haven't broken down and sobbed for no good reason (if that didn't happen, I would think something were wrong with me- some of you may relate) and it's not to say that I'm not exhausted, and overwhelmed, because I know all of that comes with the package deal. But at least this time around I can take comfort in knowing for sure that this phase doesn't last forever, and that we will eventually develop a routine once again. I have firm faith that my 2 year old will eventually get better lunches than microwave popcorn and Skittles, and that Elmo won't be babysitting forever, and I know that these ginormous "things" that have appeared on my chest won't be there forever! (lol- seriously, they are absolutely ridiculous! Sorry if that is a little T.M.I...)
Allie's birth experience was a very faith-promoting one for me. Although I had a great pregnancy, I had been very nervous and anxious about what the outcome of her delivery was going to be, since last time ended up in an emergency c-section- which was very traumatizing for me. Prior to the delivery, while I was still in labor, Marshall had his dad come and they gave me a very special blessing of comfort and courage. I know this helped me so much. And I know all of my prayers and the many, many prayers that had been offered up in my behalf have been answered, because to me, this birth was nothing short of a miracle. I know thousands of babies are born every day, and when you look at it that way, it's really quite ordinary. But this wasn't at all- not to me. It just seemed impossible, and everyone kept hinting that a repeat c-section would be needed, and I was afraid I would have to go through that again. Through this experience I have learned that the Lord is still a God of miracles, and He does answer our prayers; especially the prayers of mothers. And I have two little miracles to prove that.

4 comments:

The Jackson Three said...

Thanks so much for sharing - sounds like it was a neat experience. I'm glad everything went well with the birth. And she is beautiful! Congratulations!

Melanie said...

Krisa - Mark loved your in depth commentary!! :o) Allis is beautiful and looks just like Drew!

Melissa said...

Tear....
So glad everything went well. She is such a cute little thing.

Suzi said...

I am so happy that everything went well! She is a doll...what a beautiful family you guys have!