"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you might just be the whole world." -Joseph Campbell
Monday, February 4, 2008
little friend
This morning I was talking a few things over with my husband, among which things the topic of friends came up. I was feeling sorry for myself (once again) because I find myself feeling lonesome quite a bit- in need of some adult interaction (anyone relate?) And when Drew overheard me saying I had no friends, he says "but you do have friends!" We laughed, because we thought it was funny that he was even listening to us. "Okay then, who?" I teased him. He sits quietly for a few seconds, then looks up at me. "Me!" he says. I broke into tears. I am so grateful for my little ones; they teach me so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love it. I remember the MANY nights we all bunked up on the couch with TONS of treats and watched movies all night. Good Times.
Can't wait for when Jack is big enough to remind me that I have a friend- him!... for when I am depressed and feeling friendless... I know exactly how you feel.
That is so cute!! Drew is so adorable.
Don't worry though, I can be your friend too. You make delicious treats for our office. Who wouldn't want a friend like that? Unfortunately I am graduating in April though. Are there other moms that live close by you with a child Drew's age? If so, you should totally stalk them and ask if they'll be your friend. :)
Will Drew tell you if your butt looks huge in a pair of jeans though??? lol I know I am a long distance friend, but flight prices went down so we are probably booking tonight or tomorrow!! Wish it would be a longer trip, but something is better than nothing, right?
Mel- right, we're excited to see ya. Last weekend in March, right? Woo-hoo! Looking forward to it. Is your idea of a good friend someone who tell you your butt looks huge? Dang-I'd hate to see what your enemies are like! lol
So sweet! Glad we will get together soon...I so know this feeling!
wish we lived closer, I am a 'mommy needing adult interaction' too, so I can definitely relate. but what a sweet little boy, he is too precious! I'm so glad you wrote that down! :)
Oh, come on. You know you love it when all your conversations consist of words like 'num num' and 'poopy'.
I don't need anyone to tell me my butt looks big, I just look in the mirror!! lol
I thought I would put in a request on Mark's behalf for some extra scrumptious chocolate chip cookies..?
Post a Comment