Sunday, April 27, 2008

Goings On


Here are some recent pics to bring everyone up to speed on some stuff that we have been up to lately (in random order!)

Allie and her buddy Gavin- funny that they are 7 months apart and just about the same size. What a cute pair!

Allie on the front lawn. I can't believe she is 11 months old already! I think it is funny how when Drew was a baby I was so paranoid about him getting even the tiniest piece of grass in his mouth, but then Allie gets to eat leaves and all sorts of weird stuff. (Not that I encourage this, but let's just say I have loosened up a little bit.)


My little cross-dresser. I think it is so funny when Drew wears my shoes- I used to put on big people's shoes when I was kid- I thought I was so cool. But something about the black high heels made me giggle- I had to get a picture.

Ahh-my beautiful flowers, in all of their splendor. They are finally in full bloom- aren't they gorgeous? I can't look at them without thinking of God. This kind of stuff reminds me of how much He must love us- to create such simple majesty for us to enjoy.


Yet another reminder of His love.





Stinker! Caught her in my bathroom helping herself to the goods under the sink.



I think it's time for a haircut, Drew.


No, I SWEAR I didn't make him kiss me in this one...!



I love this boy!


FINALLY! Finished a few Saturdays ago, thanks to Marshall's brother Darren who stopped by and helped us bust it out. The kids have been enjoying it. (What a pain in the butt it is to mow around though! We need to take out the grass and put in some kind of rubber chips or something like that. Oh, just add that to the long list of projects we still want to do.)

Things are good. We have been super busy with everything going on in our lives, with our church callings, our kids, our house, our yard, our families, friends etc. etc. This coming week we will celebrate our 5th anniverary- where has the time gone? Marshall, bless his heart, has planned a surprise anniversary get-away (he even arranged for my mom to babysit for a few days- way to go, babe!) I think I have it figured out, and I am excited! He can never keep a surprise from me-I am too nosy. Details to come. Life is good. We are blessed.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun post! I love the pictures. You can drag and drop pictures in the order you want, but you have to sort of hover over the bottom of the text section before it scrolls. (maybe I should just show you sometime!)

I love the one with Allie and the things from under the sink. She's getting started early!

Anonymous said...

My kids are all cross dressers -- they think it is hilarious to take the garbage out or check the mail in my shoes (the higher the heel, the better!) Drew sure is cute in yours.

I laughed so hard when I saw the picture of Alli getting into your goods under the sink. I had a friend over the other day and Harrison raided the sink and deposited my goods right in her lap! It was the funniest darn thing ever! (Heck, why didn't I blog that?)

So glad the swingset is done -- it looks great!!!

Melanie said...

If we had planted any flowers last fall..I am not sure they would still be alive given the week of weather we have had (below freezing nights, snow/sleet/rain..you name it, we had it last week. Spring will come for good, some day...but your tulips are beee-utiful! I'll just keep buying some from the store for now! And congrats on getting the swingset up, I am sure the kids are loving it!

CJ said...

I love your posts, and know that your kids will love them too when they get older. You are great!

Mindi said...

I love that you keep changing up the look of your blog. Your kids are adorable and YOU are looking super skinny... I'm just really jealous! (about the skinny part, my kid's pretty cute too).

Nachelle said...

So fun you got the swingset all done and I love all the pics. Our tulips came up this past week too, I was so excited and thankful to the past homeowners for planting them :) And have fun on your anniversary trip, our big 5th is next week, time flies huh! Will be excited to hear details!

Dave and Marsha said...

The swing set is awesome!!! Way to go Marshsy, (Kaki too). Well, were the flowers worth waiting for??? I knew they would be. Your pictures are so precious. Can't wait for Friday. I need my Bubba and Allie. I got Cranky (no, not grouchy) and Spencer, and a road for the cars, so we are ready to rumble. Also "Thomas Rides the Rails". Yes , and we are watching it as much as we want.hehehehehe. So excited to see you all and find out what exactly M has up his sleve.(as long as I get the babies, you guys can do "whatever". I'm sure it will be fun. Keep the Faith (and your smile) Till Thurs. night - m

Bringhursts said...

The swing looks awesome! Also, I about died laughing at the tampon pic. Ethan's found a few of those and plays with them like they are cigarettes. It's pretty disturbing.

rxmilner said...

There is nothing quite like watching your baby rifle through your feminine hygiene products! Elliot got a hold of a case load of mega super flood flow pads right after I had the baby and took all the stickers off them and stuck them all over. "I swear I only turned my back on him for a second . . ."

Love your blog. Miss you, lets hang out more.

Annie