Last night during Family Home Evening, our lesson was about Managing Finances. Although Marshall and I spent the majority of the time discussing and analyzing our budget, we still wanted to involve Drew in the lesson. We decided to teach him a little about money, the names of the coins, etc. The first one we showed him was, of course, a penny.Marshall: "Drew, do you know what this is?"
Drew: "Yeah- a penny."
Marshall: "That's right! Do you know whose picture this is on the penny?"
Drew: "Yeah (with absolute resolution)- It's Brigham Young."
We got such a good laugh out of that one. I just love these little innocent children- they are so priceless! (And for the record, Drew-Brigham Young does look a bit like Abe Lincoln...good call!
2 comments:
That is such a cute story! I love little kids and Drew is at the top of my list!
I am very impressed he knew who Brigham Young was! (and what a laugh!) Just proves you are teaching your son good things...(see, I told you he was listening!)
Post a Comment