Sunday, May 20, 2007

Insult + Injury

I am such an idiot. Friday night, we had a Chamberlain family BBQ in celebration of four May birthdays that fall in his family this month, Marshall's being one of them on the 25th. (Please, oh please, let there be another one added to the list very soon! I can't last until June!) Anyways, Marshall and Drew and a bunch of the other boy cousins were playing a nice mellow game of touch football; it was a nice kiddie game, so I thought it would be a brilliant idea for me to jump in and play for a bit, too! After all, if two year olds were playing, I should be able to play too, right? WRONG!! For the first little bit, it went great; I was assigned to block Marshall's 70 year-old mom, so not too terribly threatening. Then, it happened- I caught the most perfect and beautiful interception of the entire game. 9 months pregnant or not; I was going to run that ball in for a touchdown!! Have you ever heard of anyone pulling both of their groin muscles running 12 steps at about 3 miles per hour? Well now you have. My moment of glory was very short-lived, and I am now paying the very high price. As if I weren't waddling enough as it was! Now it's more like a waddle-limp. How pathetic. There is a very specific reason that pregnant women don't play football. It's just too bad I had to prove this to myself the hard way.

4 comments:

Mark said...

That does not sound like too much fun Krista! I can't believe M let you play... but maybe it will jolt that baby into becoming May Bday #5?

Melissa said...

I agree. Nothing like blockiing a 70 year old and running in a touchdown to get things moving. Come on baby! We want to meet you!!!

The Jackson Three said...

I can't believe you actually went for the touchdown....you're my hero! I would have stayed on the sidelines drinking DP watching everyone else play! :)

Mindi said...

Krista! I can't believe I just found your blog! Now I can keep up on what's happening with you guys in Utah. Congratulations! Sending you all our best... especially with the recovery of your most recent injury.

ps. colby says hello! we've had a little one since you moved away. little jack is 7 months old already.