Ok, well Mel chided me for not updating my blog, so here goes...it's like I told her, I really have nothing to write about besides baby stuff, and I don't intend to bore anyone by constantly blabbing on and on about pregnancy-related stuff, but that is pretty much all I have on my mind these days. So that's why I haven't been writing this past week. I know talking about that stuff can get old after a while. Not to mention the fact that I really don't think anyone reads these anyway. But I don't want to keep Mel on the edge of her seat, so I will find something to blog about! Oh, I know, I will post some recent pictures of random stuff and write about them...
This is me, a few weeks ago on our anniversary posing with the "first" love of my life...an enormous Dr. Pepper. I only list this as my first love because I have been drinking it since I was like 9 years old. (I wonder if my mom knew about that? I would never let my kid drink that crap...!) If I had to choose only one food to subsist on for the rest of my life, DP would be it. (Yes, I consider it food!!) 
Ok, so here is the REAL love of my life...For our anniversary, Marshall surprised me by taking me to the place where we wound up on our first date. Thank goodness for the DP because the food was crap. I ordered some monstrous burger without asking exactly what was on it first...big mistake! It tasted like how a campfire smells...eek. My sweet husband, ever the gentleman, traded me for his grilled chicken sandwich with no mayo or anything- yuck. Needless to say, M ate both sandwiches, and I settled for some lukewarm fries and 2 refills of my DP.
If you think this looks awkward- you are right...it was! Another part of our first date was mini-golfing, and for the anniversary date my sweetheart took me back to the same place where we went back then. I didn't want to be a spoil sport, so we went for it. It was actually quite fun. The best part was watching all the other people there on dates and chuckling to each other how much we thought the dating scene sucked. It was also funny watching them flirt and take FOREVER at every hole. We thought it was funny how things have changed so much for us now, we had a kid with a babysitter to get home to, so we had a little bit of a time constraint. Some people saw us waiting behind them and were nice enough to let us play through, and apologetically one of the guys said "Sorry, we are having a little too much fun..," to which I teasingly replied "oh, just wait until you get married, and then you won't have to worry about that anymore." Of course, I kid. Marriage is the best! (Oh, and did I mention?? I beat M by 6 points- don't tell him I told...lol)
5 comments:
I love it all!! Those are exactly the sort of things I want to read about on your blog! I can't wait to meet the new little one! She is in for some fun with Aunt Melanie! :o)
Yes - this is what blogs are for (in my humble opinion). Others can read them but they are mainly for you. It's just an account of what is happening in your life, things you wouldn't remember to write in a real journal but things that make you smile when you read about them weeks or years later.
Drew is too too cute with Cat. And I love DP too - have you tried the Berries and Cream version? I am usually a purist when it comes to my DP but that stuff is yummmmmmmm
I think M is the one who taught me the oreo/fork trick, and I must say, I've never looked back. I've also spread it to many other lost souls still dipping in less optimal ways. I will say, though, that it works a lot better with a plastic fork. Some metal forks, the tines are too thick and my oreos fall apart.
The oreo picture is too cute! And what a fun anniversary date!
I also share your love of DP...and what a great anniversary date!
Post a Comment