I thought it might be fun to post some recent happenings in our little family- nothing huge going on, but I don't want to be a blog-crastinator, and wait for something "big and exciting" to write about. So here goes:
Marshall: BUSY! BUSY! BUSY! Seriously, I have never met anyone with so little free time. Of course, some of this is due to the fact that he is a bit of a dilly-dallier, but he always seems to have something to do/someplace to be. He got his CPA license a while back, so he is now (in addition to his full-time controller position at an I.T. consulting/training business in Orem) also working for his bro-in-law's consulting business doing their accounting stuff. He's also the Y.M. Pres in our ward, and there are quite a few YM, and he is very involved with them. There is always a meeting to be to, an activity to be to, b-ball games, and camp-outs, etc. etc. etc. and all that fun stuff that the youth get to do. Not to mention some of them have started going on missions, and there is a lot of stuff that goes along with that. He also has been enjoying BYU football once again (we got him season tickets for his b-day) so there goes every Saturday we might have had to hang out. Busy is good, and I know that they are all mostly worthwhile things, so I just try to be supportive.
Krista: Happy to say that I have pretty much lost all of my baby weight. I know, its been almost 4 months, and I think I read somewhere that you should be able to lose it all in 6 weeks or so? HA! Maybe if I was pregorexic and only gained the 20 lbs or so "they" recommend. (No offense to any of you that were able to not gain too much weight- I am just jealous!!) Considering the fact that I enjoyed 9 months of chocolate donuts and Dr. Pepper (and absolutely ANYTHING else I wanted in whatever quantities I wanted) it's no wonder I gained 65 lbs with both of my pregnancies. So I guess getting it all off in 4 months isn't too shabby! It is so nice to be able to wear my old jeans again (and they're even kinda baggy! Sweet!) In other news- I have been working at the hospital a bit more now that Allie is a bit older, I know I have already mentioned this in previous posts. But I do enjoy working one night every week or so, it helps me to feel more like a person and gives me (blessed!) adult interaction. (Even if I do have to hook myself up to "the machine" and feel like Bessie the cow every few hours while I'm there- totally worth it.)
Drew: Potty training. Ugh. Hate it. I think the reason why is this- with every other milestone Drew has hit (getting him to fall asleep on his own, weaning, taking away the binky when he turned one, discipline, etc. etc.) I have had a plan and knew exactly how I was going to do it and just did it whether he liked it or not. I was in control. Not so much this time. The fact of the matter is that Drew is ultimately in control of this situation (you can lead a kid to the potty, but you can't make him poop!) so I have just been patiently waiting until he seemed ready. I have been ready for about 6 months, and now, especially since I have an infant with non-smelly little yellow poops that barely take a half a wipe to clean up, I am DONE! Having two kids in diapers only makes my aversion to Drew's "man poop" that much worse. (I know you know what I mean by that!!) We have been working on the potty thing a little for the past few months, but nothing too consistent or serious. Now I am serious. I told myself this is the last box of diapers-I'm not buying him any more (Just think of the money we'll save-can you say hello- new outfit for mommy instead!?) Yesterday I had him walk around the house naked from the waist down just so he would be able to realize easier when he needed to go, and in a moment of weakness he boldly announced that he needed to wear a diaper (ROAR- no you don't!!) and when I gently reminded him why he didn't need one, and that diapers are for babies, he retorted "diapers are for me!!" he went into the bedroom, brought out a diaper, laid it out on the floor, and laid down on top of it and tried to fasten it himself. I had to turn my head so he couldn't see me cracking up. Oh, my little boy. (Come on-if you can put the diaper on yourself, you're old enough to stop wearing them...am I right?) Today we are going to buy some Pull-ups (I guess they have some that feel cold when you start to pee?) and some bigger underwear that he can pull up and down by himself (the last ones we bought were kinda tight and it frustrated him) and since I have been spending this past week at my moms house, we've got nothing but time. So far, we have one poop in the potty and one on the floor-we'll keep you posted...
Allie: Will be 4 months old tomorrow- the point at which I consider out of the "fog" stage. Fog for mom, that is. I am not one of those people who enjoys the newborn stage- you feel like crap, look like crap, you're tired, leaky and you're not sure exactly what to do with the baby yet, or how to fit her into your regular routine. Well we're past all that now and she definitely fits in- like a glove! I love that she's so smiley and lights up when she sees someone she loves. I love watching her determined little arms reach for and grab at toys, and try to put everything into her mouth (...and so it begins...!) I love to tickle her a little and hear her tiny little giggle. All her baby hair has fallen out, except for a strip of hair at the base of her head, so she has a sweet little mullet-patch in the back (business in the front-partaaaay in the back!) Her eyes are starting to take their true color- a greenish color so far. Looks like her hair will be a brownish color- just like mine. (of course, my hair has been colored so many times, I don't even know what the real color is anymore. More on that in a future post.) All in all, things around here are going swimmingly.
3 comments:
Sounds like the family is doing well! :) I am stuck on the fact that you are already back to your skinny self by four months! What exactly did you do to get there? Jack is 11 months and I'm getting closer.. but I'm not there yet. It's quite ironic too, since I jogged and lifted weights throughout most of my pregnancy... good for you!
It's called the chase around a toddler while clutching a baby, and just TRY to sit and eat something without someone crying or needing something or spilling something and then oh the baby is hungry guess I better feed her before I eat and then oh not its time to go now, guess I'll have to eat later diet. Not sure if I highly recommend it. ;)
Think it would work on weight not put on because of a baby? :o)
Sounds like everyone is doing well...wish we could see you guys more often!
Post a Comment